Heritage through Lens 2019
archaeology.lk, Nationally and Internationally recognized archaeological website in Sri Lanka, has organized an open photography contest to mark the 10th anniversary. This competition is organized to enhance the knowledge and understanding of the archaeological heritage and diversity of Sri Lanka and to increase the public’s interest in it.
Any Sri Lankan citizen can participate in this competition. There is no age consideration.
Any photograph depicting the archaeological heritage of Sri Lanka can be submitted.
Entering the Contest
- All photos should be emailed to email@example.com. Send only one photo per email with the information below. (If you submit three photos, you must send three emails.)
- The name, address, telephone number, national identity card number, e-mail address, location, name of the photo, and a small description should be sent along with the photo. If you have any chance, send the GPS coordinates at the location.
- When sending photos, send your photo as an attachment to the email and don’t attach photos to Google Drive or other similar online storage
- A contestant can send a maximum of 3 photos. The competitor is responsible for mistakes made in sending the photo by email.
- Photographs taken only in Sri Lanka should be submitted.
Conditions of competition
- All photographs must be photographs depicting the archaeological heritage of Sri Lanka.
- Must be non-edited, colored or black and white photos. (Non-editable means adding, removing, or distorting or modifying the image or image of the person or place in which the image is represented. Doing so will result in rejection of your photos.)
- Photographs that have not previously been published in the mainstream media and that should not have won any competition.
- The copyright and copy of the photograph shall be in its possession, and if required, you shall be able to submit the edited/unpublished photos at any time.
- The archaeology.lk website is not obligated to return the photos to the owner.
- Organizers reserve the right to use the photographs submitted for the Contest only for “archaeology.lk – Sri Lankan Archeology” (educational articles and other material). Photographs of the winners will be used for the campaign. (The ownership of the photograph is with the respective owner, and the copyright of the owner will be mentioned at the time of use.)
Quality of photos to be sent for the competition
- The soft copy of the photo submitted for the competition should be clear and of high quality, and the length profile of the photo should be 1920 pixels. There should be no names or boundary markings or watermarks. Photos should be sent in JPGE media.
- All photos must be uploaded to Adobe Photoshop software in high quality (8-12 high quality) and color combination RGB. (See photos below for examples.)
- First place – Rs. 25,000.00
- Second Place – Rs. 15,000.00
- Third Place – Rs. 10,000.00
- Award Certificates for Best 25 Photos (Print & Electronic)
- Participation certificates for all other selected photos (electronic)
Most popular photo
- 1st place – Rs. 15,000.00
- Second Place – Rs. 10,000.00
- Third Place – Rs. 5,000.00
- Opening date for the competition – October 15, 2019
- Deadline for sending photos for the competition – January 20, 2020
- Notice of photo selection – 6th February 2020
- Voting for the Most Popular Photos – 7th February 2020 to 21st February 2020
- The selected photographs will be exhibited through archaeology.lk on 25th February 2020
- Award Ceremony – 02nd March 2020 (Location and time will be announced later)
- Any changes to these dates will be posted on the archaeology.lk website and on archaeology.lk’s official Facebook site. Contestants will also be notified of their email addresses.
Other Things to Follow
- Details of your photo selection will be personally communicated to your email address. Do not disclose that information in the public media, as it will be informed to you personally.
- Members of the archaeology.lk team and their family members cannot compete.
- Three leading experts on photography will judge the photos.
- When the preference for the most popular photos is matched, the name is awarded in the order of 1, 2, and 3 when the English alphabetical order of the name is arranged.
- If you find a problem or something unclear, you can get the information you need by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialing 071 957 7169 (Rumal).
- Once a photo is submitted to the competition, the applicant agreed for all conditions of the competition.
The photo should be sent to email@example.com